Major Dad 1984

Cursed By A Classical Education

Let's just say that I intend to use this blog to blow off some steam that I might be feeling with the International/National media, my work situation, or maybe even to tee off on the family in a humorous way of course!

1/24/2005

Smoke Free Weekend

Well, I think we can say that the worst of things are over on the smoking cessation front. I went the entire weekend without a cigarette and am definitely feeling alot better. No more hacking and coughing for the kid.

Not to mention the money saved so far. If you average $3 a pack with a pack a day habit...I'll have about a thousand bucks to spend on other things.

Thank you for your support...and for those of you out there still smoking, you might want to consider quitting yourself. I did it Cold Turkey (not recommended unless you have incredible discipline) but there are so many other things out there on the market to help you quit. Give it some thought. There are people in your life that will thank you for it.

From the high ground!

MajorDad1984

And here is the rest of it.

Read the rest of the longer story!

2 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Blogger Pancho said...

Best of luck in your effort. It will be worth it.

I've been clean and sober from another addiction for 11 years now. It was a hard fight for several years but the alternative, my early demise, was well worth the struggle.

An ex Infantry Officer.... Airborne/Ranger

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger MajorDad said...

Pancho...you're never an ex-infantryman!

Thanks for the encouragment...but tomorrow morning at 0715 HRS...it will have been a week.

I'm there, DUDE!

Thanks for the support!

MajorDad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home