Major Dad 1984

Cursed By A Classical Education

Let's just say that I intend to use this blog to blow off some steam that I might be feeling with the International/National media, my work situation, or maybe even to tee off on the family in a humorous way of course!

11/17/2004

About the "High Ground"

Recently one of my half dozen readers (that I know about anyway...) asked a question about my trademark "sign offs" about "the high ground."

He asked if I was saying it facetiously....or whether I really thought I was better than all the rest.

Well, the answer is neither. It's actually a holdover that some friends of mine and I used to use when saying "goodbye" to one another. Back then it sounded like a Civil War era officers saying farewell before making the grand attack up the hill. "See you on the high ground...." sounded classy...and it still does.

Once again, from the high ground.

MajorDad1984

Read the rest of the longer story!

2 Comments:

At 8:55 PM, Blogger Jim said...

I thought it was a self-rightious thing. I mean from the view of mainstream America, you are on the high ground and I'm a liberal pervert trying to undermine society's basic building block- the nuclear family.

Really me and those like me, the quiet dudes who fix up their homes and don't make a fuss...are huge assets to society in general. My partner and I are disease free and don't "get around". We never have been in trouble with the law, we don't drink or do drugs. We pay taxes (ALOT) and many of them for things not applicable to us such as $600 a year to the School Board included in our property tax. I don't mind paying for other people's kids eventhough I'll never have any- I'm a liberal after all.

What chaps my butt is how voraciously mainstream America has jumped all over the Gay marriage thing. Anyone can see how promiscuity has devastated the gays, and Heteros as well. A 50% divorce rate ain't saying much for a "sanctified" institution. Now the silly promiscuous fags want to settle down and stop spreading disease and grow up...but that's not allowed either! Call it domestic partnership, call it whatever you want- if you give these people a respectful way to settle down so much misery and wasted life will cease. See, imagine how it would be if no couples could marry. What legal hassels would stand in the way of one or the other just walking out? Too many people in general view their mates like cars...a few dents, some wear and high mileage, some irritations...and time to trade in for a better car.
So many of my friends dropped dead due to not liking or respecting themselves. Unless you have a high self-preservation drive, a clear vision of what is right for you, and the stubborness to stay the course...your life as a gay dude is not going to be long or productive. Society's expectations play a part. If you are not expected to be a good citizen, to take care of your body, to settle down and be productive.....many people will just do what is expected- hedonism and destruction.

Wow, my one line comment grew out of proportion.
Sorry major and now I understand your meaning of on the high ground.

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Ah, well that clears things up. I always thought you meant something like "from the [moral] high ground," so I was a little preturbed at that. But yes I get where that comes from now. Great, now I need a cool finishing line...something along the lines of "Mmm...pie."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home