Major Dad 1984

Cursed By A Classical Education

Let's just say that I intend to use this blog to blow off some steam that I might be feeling with the International/National media, my work situation, or maybe even to tee off on the family in a humorous way of course!

10/06/2004

The Pilgrimage Begins...

Tomorrow I begin my trek back to West Point to see some folks I haven't seen since wore those uniforms with all the brass buttons, we all had 27" waists, full heads of hair that May morning when we tossed those white nylon hats into the air.

More than 20 years have passed, I for one have put on 40 lbs (but I'd say it still looks pretty durned good for someone pushing 43)...I still have my hair, and the dry, dark sense of humor to go with it. Hope that I'll recognize of these people...this band of brothers (and about 80+ sisters I think).

We'll have dinner together...relive some memories...and then part ways again until the 25th reunion. My friends and I have done a pretty good job over the past few years of staying in touch. One of our number is a state government official in Maine...so he must have the most time of us all at work to screw off and write our "company" newsletter. West Point's really not a college...so we don't have fraternities. The closest thing you have are "companies" that are lettered/number identifications for groups of about 120 students from freshmen to seniors. We came from the "Flying Circus" of C2.

I'll try to post at least once a day...let you know we're safe and sound on the Right Coast...we're bunking with my Dad's Dad....MajorGramps tomorrow evening. Wish me luck there! The score by Friday morning could be

MATTRESSES - 21 MAJORDAD'S BACK - 0

Love ya, MajorGramps! (Actually, he retired as Lieutenant Colonel Gramps but work with me here...)

Go Army! Beat Cincinatti in Football!

MajorDad1984@gmail.com

Read the rest of the longer story!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home