Major Dad 1984

Cursed By A Classical Education

Let's just say that I intend to use this blog to blow off some steam that I might be feeling with the International/National media, my work situation, or maybe even to tee off on the family in a humorous way of course!

2/19/2005

Well, allow me to retort!

Yes indeed, I'm quoting Jules Winnfield, that great American movie character portrayed by Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction...but it sure seemed like the right thing to say in response to Nate over at his blog called "Common Sense."

Here's Nate's original post, "Dammit Joe"

My response follows in it's entirety if you choose to read more.... Nate...

"using payroll taxes"

That is your money...and my money. Most people don't really think about the witholding as being part of their salary, but you really should.

I believe Mr. Lieberman and others are simply considering alternatives rather than turning a blind eye to a problem.

While some in Congress argue there is no problem, I'll look to the former savior of the Democratic Party, Bill Clinton and his estimation of the situation late last decade. I know that he and I certainly don't share much common ground, but I've believed for quite some time that there's a fundamental problem with the Social Security system.

If the Republican Party found the money, time, and resources to provide each American family a new home (1 bedroom per child and 1 per "couple) and the keys to a hybrid SUV to every American citizen of driving age...the Democratic Party would complain about the color of the tiles in the bathrooms and the interior of the hybrid SUVs.

I think that it's time to put political affiliations aside and start solving problems that are good for the country...not just the RNC or DNC.

Capische?

See you on the high ground!

MajorDad1984

Read the rest of the longer story!

1 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Blogger MajorDad said...

Damn it Jim....I'm a blogger, not a miracle worker!

Well, perhaps if we could do something constructive...like stop funding programs that don't provide an meaningful return on investment OR are not called for in the Constitution...maybe we wouldn't have to tax individuals and corporations as punitively as we do today. At that point, charities and churches could pick up the slack.

We somehow managed without Social Security for 150 or so years, maybe we could help wean ourselves off the government teats and back onto those that do a much better job than a federal, state or local official would? Sound like a deal?

See ya on the high ground!

MajorDad1984

 

Post a Comment

<< Home