Major Dad 1984

Cursed By A Classical Education

Let's just say that I intend to use this blog to blow off some steam that I might be feeling with the International/National media, my work situation, or maybe even to tee off on the family in a humorous way of course!

2/23/2005

HomeSpun Blogger Symposium XIV

Keeping up with my Symposium responses...this week HomeSpun Bloggers pose this question:

What moral obligations, if any, do Sudanese emigrants, now in the United States, have to aid those who remain in Darfur?

Wow...not that it's not an important topic, but I suppose that it's been somewhat overshadowed by some of the recent headlines.

From what I've just read about the situation in the Sudan, it does sound like a terrible problem is going under-reported. In the same report, it would sound as if the United Nations does have peacekeeping forces on the ground...but clearly, not enough to enforce the rule of law.

What I would say that the Sudanese emigrants do have an obligation to do is to raise the level of awareness to make the problem much more well known and to compel the United Nations to ramp up their efforts there to stop the madness and genocidal actions of the Arabs? Based on my new understanding of the situation, I think that UN should be the lead agency...and if requested, we should support with troops and humanitarian aid.

Whether Sudanese emigrants have a moral obligation or not, I don't know. I don't believe that my ancestors had any moral obligations after arriving here to Germany of the late 1800s.

This was a tough one!

See you on the high ground!

MajorDad1984


. And here is the rest of it.

Read the rest of the longer story!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home