Major Dad 1984

Cursed By A Classical Education

Let's just say that I intend to use this blog to blow off some steam that I might be feeling with the International/National media, my work situation, or maybe even to tee off on the family in a humorous way of course!

12/20/2004

All We Want for Christmas Update...

I want someone to tell me that "He" doesn't work in strange and mysterious ways...

I just read about this on Worldnet Daily.

Note the line in "All We Want for Christmas" about dropping spare cash in "the kettle." Check out this link...

Walmart to Make Up Target's Shortfall


If you were planning a year end donation to a charity...do it today. From now until Friday (Christmas Eve) for every dollar you contribute, Walmart's going to match it up to 1 million bucks.

I'm sure Sam Walton is very proud of his company...he should be! Whatever you drop in...Walmart will match. I'm in for $250.00! Who's with me?

As you were...

Read the rest of the longer story!

2 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

According to this site:
http://www.charitablechoices.org/charities/salvationarmy/default.asp

They spend about 18% of money taken in on overhead.

The USO is about 30%

The site also explains why some are high and some are lower...

LarryConley

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger MajorDad said...

Okay...I dropped my $250...give what you can!

Wonder what they're going to think when they open up that kettle?!?!?

From the high ground...

MajorDad1984

 

Post a Comment

<< Home